Saturday 7 January 2017



I tend to get quite fixated on things that have pleased me and have noticed that in the 6 months of being a mum, the smallest of things can really do that. Anything that will give me 5 minutes of less whinge is a sure winner.  For example this week I cant stop talking about a cup.  Yes that right, a regular cup used for the purposes of drinking.  I picked this particular one up on sale in Asda on the off chance that it might be a cup that Logan could actually use.  Up until this point, he has been offered extra water in sippy cups that the health visitor brought but he just could not use them.  He could hold the handles but could not then manoeuvre the spout to his mouth, resulting in mighty tantrum.  Shall we help you son?  No way. I am five months old, how dare you insult my intelligence by aiding my sip of water. i'll just pet my lips and cry some more.

Until this little Munchkin device came along.  It is a little genius cup that fooled me but not Logan.  it is no spill and water comes out only when baby bites/chews gently on the silicone lid.  Logan has it figured out immediately; Mummy on the other hand needed a product demo from Daddy.  It really is a good cup and the logic behind it seems reasonable. According to the label, it is better for teeth as no extreme sucking and it is much more like a normal cup so makes the transition easier.  Definitely a winner in our house.

Gives me one less thing to think about as at the moment the focus in our house is all on food and weaning.  Baby Led Weaning (BLW) versus - ehm parent led weaning? I'm on the side of the old school parenting here - 'Baby led weaning? in my day we just gave them food'.  I'm a fan of this method since the banana and bread I gave to Logan to encourage BLW are currently mushed to a pulp on the carpet.  More on our weaning adventures to follow...

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete