Friday 6 January 2017

It takes a village...

The name for this blog may yet change, as I decided to write and choose a better name later if necessary, but the name was inspired by a conversation that took place that I can guarantee every mother has had with someone else.  I said something I can never take back; I said something that means my child will be deprived forever; I said the fatal sentence "He's not getting rusks, they have too much sugar in them".  Well, I could have equally said "I don't agree with any of the parenting choices you made in your life, thanks anyway for your advice dear mother in law" for it was met with the same reaction.  I would like to state for the record that I was not in any way criticising anyone who gives their child rusks, nor was I criticising my mother in law who gave all four children this without any drastic consequences. I was just saying that having weighed up all of the information available to me - a lot more than was available 30 years ago - i think there are  better things he could eat. I am more than happy for him to eat them as a treat, i'm just not giving him them.  But as they say, it takes a village to raise a child...and I have learned quickly since becoming a mum, there is always a whole village worth of people to give their opinion. There's another well known phrase that I think goes well here....take everything with a pinch of salt....unless it's your baby's food, that's a definite no no.

No comments:

Post a Comment